Thursday, September 10, 2015

Almost there... 1 more day!!

I hope your first three days are going well!  My crew is making progress 1 rule at a time.  

By now most of you have taught the rules and class yes.  Some have added Mirror Words and Teach OK.  


Class Yes:  Don't forget to add VARIETY!  The kids will get bored with just class yes.  Spice it up once in awhile.  Even volume differences help a ton.  
Scoreboard:  Be sure you are only giving Smiles for BETTER behavior.  Make them earn it!  I had to remind my kinders that anytime I see behavior that is baby or preschool behavior that is a frown.  Anytime I see something that makes me think Im teaching 1st or 2nd grade that is a SMILE!  

If you have not added Mirror words I would encourage you to try it.  Any time you need them focused on what you are saying.  Great times for mirror words are when you are teaching routines.   Use 1st you .... 2nd you... 3rd you  make up actions to go with it.  

If you started TEACH OK good for you!  We are working on turning and telling in Kindergarten but we will get there!

Have a great day tomorrow and please feel free to email or call if you have any questions!  

No comments:

Post a Comment